Vancouver Officiant Blog
Sun, Nov 23 2014 10:28 | marriage commissionar, picking an officiant, vows, what to ask your officiant
You’re engaged!!! You’re over the moon excited and the plans are starting to fall into place but when it comes to the core of the celebration, the ceremony, who will marry you?
Let’s make sure you get the ceremony you want with these questions. I recommend you encourage the officiant to share their story so you can get a feel for who they are, their passion and their personality to make sure it’s a good fit.
1. Are you available on our wedding date?
2. How many weddings have you performed?
3. How many weddings do you perform in one day? Are we your only couple that day?
4. How long is the average ceremony?
5. Are you flexible with different religions/beliefs?
6. How long are you on site for our wedding?
7. Do you have a sample ceremony that we can review?
8. Can I have a friend marry us? If so, what is your involvement?
9. What must we say legally in the ceremony?
10. Do you do custom ceremonies?
11. What is included in your fee?
12. What is the process from signing the contract to the wedding date? How many meetings will we have to create the custom ceremony? Payment schedule? How many revisions do we get when creating the ceremony?
13. Where do you find your inspiration when customizing a ceremony for a couple?
14. How much say do we have in the creation of the ceremony?
15. Will you assist us when writing our personal vows?
16. What is your back up if you were unable to be there for our day?
17. In the event of a cancellation or date change, what is the next step?
18. What do you do when you arrive at the venue before the ceremony?
19. Will you make an announcement for unplugged ceremonies and/or cocktail hour to follow before the ceremony begins?
20. Are you present for the wedding rehearsal? What is involved with that?
21. What do you wear to the ceremony?
22. Do you require pre-marital counseling before you marry us?
A few questions to dive deeper and get to know your officiant better:
1. Are you married? Tell us about your ceremony.
2. Why did you become a marriage commissioner?
3. What was the most moving ceremony you performed?
4. What languages do you speak? (just in case)
5. What is the most challenging part of your job?
6. When meeting with a couple what is it that you look for?
7. What is your favourite part of the wedding?
8. Tell us the most unique wedding you were apart of and how you customized their ceremony for them.
9. What do you wish more couple knew about marriage commissioners?
10. What is the best review from a couple you’ve received to date?
I have had the pleasure of working with Darian and his passion for marriage is contagious. If you believe the ceremony is the core of your wedding day, like myself, then look no further. Darian will not only get to know you but he will share his story with you so not only do you get someone that gets you but you feel as if a friend is marrying you on your special day.
Congratulations and best wishes!
Principal Planner | Sweetheart Events
Stephanie Reitsma - Sweetheart Events